Frozen Chocolate Mint Dessert Recipe
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13x9-inch pan size)
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) large marshmallows
- 1/2 teaspoon mint extract
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 2/3 cup Oreo cookie crumbs
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the brownie mix, egg whites, applesauce and vanilla. Spread into a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a Dutch oven, combine cocoa and milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until cocoa is dissolved. Stir in marshmallows until melted. Remove from the heat; stir in extract. Cool completely.
- 3. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over brownies. Sprinkle with cookie crumbs. Cover and freeze for at least 8 hours. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 24 servings.
1 piece: 293 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 141mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Frozen Chocolate Mint Dessert
"Delicious.... You do not have to use two bags of marshmallows as the recipe calls for, and I only used an 8 oz container of low fat cool whip. It came out just fine! I read one of the other reviewers comment regarding it being too sweet, so I tweaked a bit! You can use one bag & about a quarter of another bag of the marshamellows. It will be perfect! I also used no fat Lactaid milk as well."
"Really good, but REALLLLLLLY sweet! Due to all the marshmallows I guess! Left the mint extract out."