- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13x9-inch pan size)
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) large marshmallows
- 1/2 teaspoon mint extract
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 2/3 cup Oreo cookie crumbs
- In a large bowl, combine the brownie mix, egg whites, applesauce and vanilla. Spread into a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a Dutch oven, combine cocoa and milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until cocoa is dissolved. Stir in marshmallows until melted. Remove from the heat; stir in extract. Cool completely.
- Fold in whipped topping. Spread over brownies. Sprinkle with cookie crumbs. Cover and freeze for at least 8 hours. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 24 servings.
Reviews for Frozen Chocolate Mint Dessert
"Delicious.... You do not have to use two bags of marshmallows as the recipe calls for, and I only used an 8 oz container of low fat cool whip. It came out just fine! I read one of the other reviewers comment regarding it being too sweet, so I tweaked a bit! You can use one bag & about a quarter of another bag of the marshamellows. It will be perfect! I also used no fat Lactaid milk as well."
"Really good, but REALLLLLLLY sweet! Due to all the marshmallows I guess! Left the mint extract out."