Frozen Chocolate Crunch Recipe
An original recipe of mine, this cool and crunchy concoction has won prizes in a couple of recipe contests. Everyone agrees the fun mix of chocolate, crushed cookies, whipping cream and nuts makes a tempting alternative to ice cream.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 1-1/2 hours + freezing YIELD:12-16 servings
- 8 ounces German sweet chocolate, chopped
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely crushed cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies (about 12 cookies)
- 1 cup chopped walntus
- Additional chopped walnuts and crushed cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, optional
- 1. In a heavy saucepan, melt chocolate and corn syrup; stir until smooth. Stir in 1/2 cup cream. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until cool.
- 2. Stir in crushed cookies and walnuts. In a small bowl, beat remaining cream until stiff peaks form; fold into chocolate mixture. Spread into a 9-in. square dish. Cover and freeze for 4-6 hours or until firm. Sprinkle with additional walnuts and crushed cookies if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 264 calories, 19 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 99 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC