Frozen Chocolate Crunch Recipe
An original recipe of mine, this cool and crunchy concoction has won prizes in a couple of recipe contests. Everyone agrees the fun mix of chocolate, crushed cookies, whipping cream and nuts makes a tempting alternative to ice cream.
- 8 ounces German sweet chocolate, chopped
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely crushed cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies (about 12 cookies)
- 1 cup chopped walntus
- Additional Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts and crushed cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, optional
- In a heavy saucepan, melt chocolate and corn syrup; stir until smooth. Stir in 1/2 cup cream. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until cool.
- Stir in crushed cookies and walnuts. In a small bowl, beat remaining cream until stiff peaks form; fold into chocolate mixture. Spread into a 9-in. square dish. Cover and freeze for 4-6 hours or until firm. Sprinkle with additional walnuts and crushed cookies if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Frozen Chocolate Crunch in Country Woman January/February 2003, p33
Reviews for Frozen Chocolate Crunch(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Ice Cream Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Ice Cream Recipes >
- Kids Desserts >
- Mother's Day Dessert Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >