Frozen Chocolate Cream Pie Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 5 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup stick margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup plus 4 teaspoons semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 5 tablespoons milk, divided
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3-1/2 cups whipped topping, divided
- 1. In a bowl, combine cracker crumbs and 3 tablespoons sugar. Stir in margarine. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine 1/2 cup chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons milk. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes or until melted. Stir to blend; set aside.
- 2. In another bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining sugar. Stir in chocolate mixture and remaining milk; beat until smooth. Set aside 1/2 cup whipped topping for garnish. Fold remaining whipped topping into crust. Freeze for 4 hours or until firm. Garnish with the reserved whipped topping and remaining chocolate chips. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice: 353 calories, 22g fat (12g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 206mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Frozen Chocolate Cream Pie
"Everyone loved this pie! It had such a good taste to it!! My hubby loves pie so he's kind of picky about them and he absolutely loved it, so I would definitely make this again! I don't like frozen things, however, so I just didn't do the freezing part! But it is definitely worth making!! :)"
"My Mom found this recipe in a Taste of Home magazine years ago and it is a family hit! It is rich but tastes fantastic and thaws really well. It's great to have in the freezer when you need an easy dessert."
"This is a delicious summer dessert! I make it often and always receive compliments. I drizzle it with chocolate sauce before serving, instead of garnishing with chocolate chips."
"This pie was ok, a little too rich for me but definitely edible."
"I have been making this for years and it is delicious!"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.