I first made this irresistible dessert for some dinner guests. They were overwhelmed by it's rich flavor and appearance. My husband commented that it was the best dessert he had ever eaten in his whole life. —Heather Bennett, Dunbar, West Virginia
Featured In: 22 Easy Cheesecake Recipes
- 2-1/4 cups crushed chocolate cream-filled sandwich cookies (about 22 cookies)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 cups vanilla or white chips, melted and cooled
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Additional miniature semisweet chocolate chips, optional
- In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. fluted tart pan with a removable bottom. Cover and freeze for at least 1 hour.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the vanilla chips, cream and vanilla until well combined. Stir in chocolate chips; pour over crust. Cover and freeze for 8 hours or overnight.
- Uncover and refrigerate 3-4 hours before serving. If desired, sprinkle with miniature chocolate chips. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Frozen Chocolate Cheesecake Tart in Taste of Home December/January 1999, p29
Reviews for Frozen Chocolate Cheesecake Tart
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 20, 2012
"I thought this was good, but would have liked a better texture. My husband didn't really like it. I bake alot, so I thought the texture should be a little creamier."
Reviewed Jan. 28, 2010
"loved it! I don't have a tart pan so I used my 9-in springform. turned out great."