Frozen Chocolate Cheesecake Tart Recipe
I first made this irresistible dessert for some dinner guests. They were overwhelmed by it's rich flavor and appearance. My husband commented that it was the best dessert he had ever eaten in his whole life.
- 2-1/4 cups crushed chocolate cream-filled sandwich cookies (about 22 cookies)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 cups vanilla or white chips, melted and cooled
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- miniature semisweet chocolate chips, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. fluted tart pan with a removable bottom. Cover and freeze for at least 1 hour.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the vanilla chips, cream, and vanilla until well combined. Stir in chocolate chips; pour over crust. Cover and freeze for 8 hours or overnight.
- 3. Uncover and refrigerate 3-4 hours before serving. If desired, sprinkle with miniature chocolate chips. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 546 calories, 36 g fat (20 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 291 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC