Frozen Cherry Salad Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) mandarin oranges, drained
- Maraschino cherries and orange wedges, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese and whipped topping. Stir in pie filling. Set aside 1/4 cup oranges for garnish. Fold remaining oranges into cream cheese mixture.
- 2. Transfer to a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Cover and freeze overnight. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before cutting. Garnish with the reserved mandarin oranges, cherries and oranges if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice: 137 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 111mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Frozen Cherry Salad
"I love this!! It reminds me of a salad my mom made when we were kids. It's just old fashioned good!!"
"My hubby is nuts for this! I've made it several times. Have not adjusted it. Followed the recipe. Easy to make and so pretty. Thinking of trying this with a can of blueberry filling. Has anyone done that yet?"
"This is delicious; however, I never freeze it. I just whip it up and serve it refrigerated in a bowl. It is just as delicious and takes less time (no freezing required). Thank you for a great recipe."
"Very good and pretty with marachino cherries and fresh orange slices as garnishes."
"Very good & quite pretty too. It would be great for Valentine's day or a girl's baby shower."
"This is so pretty and delicious. At my house it disappears so quickly that sometimes I don't get to sample it!"
"The whole gang of picky eaters loved this!! It is a real keeper in our house. Thank you, thank you!!"