Pretty slices of this refreshing salad are dotted with colorful cherries for a festive look. The flavor is pleasant and not overly sweet. Prepared in advance and frozen, it's a treat that fits into many different menus. I serve it throughout the year. -Gail Sykora, Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) mandarin oranges, drained
- Maraschino cherries and orange wedges, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese and whipped topping. Stir in pie filling. Set aside 1/4 cup oranges for garnish. Fold remaining oranges into cream cheese mixture.
- Transfer to a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Cover and freeze overnight. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before cutting. Garnish with the reserved mandarin oranges, cherries and oranges if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Frozen Cherry Salad in Taste of Home February/March 2000, p31
Reviews for Frozen Cherry Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review