- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) mandarin oranges, drained
- Maraschino cherries and orange wedges, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese and whipped topping. Stir in pie filling. Set aside 1/4 cup oranges for garnish. Fold remaining oranges into cream cheese mixture.
- Transfer to a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Cover and freeze overnight. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before cutting. Garnish with the reserved mandarin oranges, cherries and oranges if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Frozen Cherry Salad
"I made this delicious salad or dessert last night and declare it a winner. We loved it. I was out of mandarin oranges so used pineapple instead. And, we didn't wait for it to freeze but ate it unfrozen. Delicious. We will have this again. I highly recommend this recipe."
"I love this!! It reminds me of a salad my mom made when we were kids. It's just old fashioned good!!"
"My hubby is nuts for this! I've made it several times. Have not adjusted it. Followed the recipe. Easy to make and so pretty. Thinking of trying this with a can of blueberry filling. Has anyone done that yet?"
"Made this dessert for dinner guests. It was just okay for us, not great. Sorry....."
"This is delicious; however, I never freeze it. I just whip it up and serve it refrigerated in a bowl. It is just as delicious and takes less time (no freezing required). Thank you for a great recipe."