Frozen Cherry Cream Pie
"This pretty pink pie is a cool and tangy treat," remarks Kristyn Hall from her home in Mr. Clemens, Michigan. "I's convenient to make and freeze ahead of time. To serve, just cut it and top slices with whipped cream."
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups cherry pie filling
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Fold in the pie filling
- and whipped topping until blended. Spoon into crust. Cover and
- freeze for 8 hours or overnight. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes
- before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One piece (prepared with fat-free cream cheese, reduced-sugar pie filling, reduced-fat whipped topping and reduced-fat graham cracker crust) equals 114 calories, 5 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 48 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.