Vanilla ice cream was in this cheesecake the first time we had it at a friend's. When I decided to make it I could only find chocolate ice cream, and I've made it that way ever since! Our kids especially love this for their birthdays because it combines cake and ice cream.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 quart chocolate ice cream, softenend
- 1 jar (18 ounces) hot fudge sauce
- In a large bowl, cream sugar and butter. Add eggs. Combine dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture. Pat into the bottom of a 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes. Cool. Meanwhile, for filling, blend cream cheese and corn syrup in a bowl. Add ice cream. Spoon half of filling over crust; top with half of fudge sauce. Cover with remaining filling. Cover and freeze 4 hours or overnight. When ready to serve, pipe remaining fudge sauce in parallel strips over top of cake. Pull a knife across strips in opposite direction. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Frozen Brownie Cheesecake in Sweet and Scrumptious Chocolate 1994, p12
Reviews for Frozen Brownie Cheesecake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 13, 2014
"This recipe is so easy to make with your kids."