Frozen Blueberry Muffins Recipe
Ardyce Piehl of Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin relates, "These moist muffins are chock-full of blueberries. I keep frozen berries on hand-it's so convenient to be able to fold them frozen into the muffin batter."
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, milk and vanilla; mix well. Stir in dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in frozen blueberries.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Combine sugar and nutmeg; sprinkle over muffins. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: about 2 dozen.
1 muffin equals 238 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 209 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC