- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, milk and vanilla; mix well. Stir in dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in frozen blueberries.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Combine sugar and nutmeg; sprinkle over muffins. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Reviews for Frozen Blueberry Muffins
Sort By :
"Great muffins ! My boys gave them five stars, which is quite a compliment from teenage boys :) I do agree on less sugar though. I used 1/2 cup less than called for and that was enough. This was a nice treat on a Thanksgiving morning !"
"Overall, this blueberry muffin recipe was very tasty and moist, however I felt that the muffins were unpalatably sweet with two cups of sugar. Our children even commented that they were too sweet. I will certainly bake this recipe again but on my next trial, I will decrease the sugar by at least a half cup. I did not add the suggested topping on the muffins."
"Very good and easy to make. Didn't have frozen blueberries, so used frozen mixed berries instead. Kids loved them all the same. Will definitely make them again."
"Love this! Instead of muffins, I made a cake, much easier and very tasty. I halved the recipe. It turns out great every time."
"These are wonderful! If you love blueberry muffins, This Is The Recipe for you! They look spectacular and flavor is Delicious! I halved the recipe. The only change I did was to add 1 tsp lemon juice to the milk to enhance the blueberry flavor! Sooo Good! *****5-star muffins! Note: Anyone who rated these lower than 5-stars, did NOT follow the recipe."