- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, milk and vanilla; mix well. Stir in dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in frozen blueberries.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Combine sugar and nutmeg; sprinkle over muffins. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Reviews for Frozen Blueberry Muffins
"I halved the recipe, exchanged 1/2 cup of wheat flour and used buttermilk instead of regular. Turned out delicious!!"
"I'm a volunteer field editor. I just made these as my daughter was craving a basic blueberry muffin. My usual go-to recipe has oatmeal, so this was a nice change. I followed the recipe, but halved it and swapped out the nutmeg for cinnamon. Wonderful recipe and very quick and easy to make."
"I thought I did something wrong when I was mixing because they where so thick but it turns out it was supposed to be like that!"
"I just made these and they are amazing!!! My frozen berries were very tart so the amount of sugar was perfect! I think I've made muffins like 2 times in my life so when the batter came out super thick I thought I did something wrong but I pressed on and they came out great! Thank you for this recipe, it is definetly a keeper :)"
"Made these today. Halved the recipe and added half tsp almond extract. Very tasty. Think I would prefer a more biscuit-like muffin"