Frozen Berry Pie
This recipe makes two attractive pies using store-bought chocolate crumb crust. I work full-time, so I like the fact that this yummy pie can be made ahead. I serve each slice with a dollop of whipped cream, a strawberry and chocolate curls.
12 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + freezing
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 4 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 chocolate crumb crusts (9 inches)
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until
- smooth. Stir in strawberries. Fold in whipped topping and pecans.
- Pour into crusts.
- Cover and freeze for 3-4 hours or until firm. Remove from the freezer
- 15-20 minutes before serving. Yield: 2 pies (6 servings each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 398 calories, 21 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 192 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.