Frozen Berry Pie Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 chocolate crumb crusts (9 inches)
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Stir in strawberries. Fold in whipped topping and pecans. Pour into crusts.
- 2. Cover and freeze for 3-4 hours or until firm. Remove from the freezer 15-20 minutes before serving. Yield: 2 pies (6 servings each).
1 slice: 398 calories, 21g fat (11g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 192mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Frozen Berry Pie
"I have made this pie two different times. The first time I froze it, and got okay reviews. The second time I just put the pie in the refrigerator - and then I got rave reviews. I would reccomend that when you make the pie you do not freeze it, just put it in the refrigerator. Also when I make it, I do one pie with strawberries and a chocolate crust, and the other with blueberries and a shortbread crust."
"Loved it! I made my own crust and made into squares instead of a pie. I also left out the pecans and it turned out yummy. I liked how you can make ahead of time and put in the freezer until you need it."
"A lovely, fresh-tasting pie that is served frozen so it's great to have on hand for company. Everyone loved it and some had seconds. I left out the pecans. I spun the berries in my food processor because the chopping was getting tedious and it worked out just fine. I would think you could substitute blueberries or peaches and probably lots of other yummy fruits for the strawberries."
"people have always loved this pie when I've served it. I also gave the recipe to a cater for a ladies banquet. tip use fresh strawberries not frozen; for a creamy instead of a frozen slush like pie filling."