- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 chocolate crumb crusts (9 inches)
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Stir in strawberries. Fold in whipped topping and pecans. Pour into crusts.
- Cover and freeze for 3-4 hours or until firm. Remove from the freezer 15-20 minutes before serving. Yield: 2 pies (6 servings each).
Reviews for Frozen Berry Pie
"I have made this pie two different times. The first time I froze it, and got okay reviews. The second time I just put the pie in the refrigerator - and then I got rave reviews. I would reccomend that when you make the pie you do not freeze it, just put it in the refrigerator. Also when I make it, I do one pie with strawberries and a chocolate crust, and the other with blueberries and a shortbread crust."
"Loved it! I made my own crust and made into squares instead of a pie. I also left out the pecans and it turned out yummy. I liked how you can make ahead of time and put in the freezer until you need it."
"A lovely, fresh-tasting pie that is served frozen so it's great to have on hand for company. Everyone loved it and some had seconds. I left out the pecans. I spun the berries in my food processor because the chopping was getting tedious and it worked out just fine. I would think you could substitute blueberries or peaches and probably lots of other yummy fruits for the strawberries."
"people have always loved this pie when I've served it. I also gave the recipe to a cater for a ladies banquet. tip use fresh strawberries not frozen; for a creamy instead of a frozen slush like pie filling."