Frozen Banana Treats Recipe
“I love making these treats with my 9-year-old son, Sam. He’s in charge of cutting the bananas with a butter knife, pushing in the popsicle stick and rolling the chocolate-covered banana in the granola. It’s such fun!” —Aimee Lawrence, Wimberley, Texas
- 1-1/2 cups granola without raisins, crushed
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 8 Popsicle sticks
- 4 large firm bananas, halved widthwise
- 1. Sprinkle granola onto a large piece of waxed paper; set aside. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Stir in peanut butter until blended.
- 2. Insert a Popsicle stick into each banana half. Spread with chocolate mixture; roll in granola. Wrap in foil and freeze for 24 hours. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving equals 307 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 60 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Reviews for Frozen Banana Treats
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC