Frozen Banana Treats
“I love making these treats with my 9-year-old son, Sam. He’s in charge of cutting the bananas with a butter knife, pushing in the popsicle stick and rolling the chocolate-covered banana in the granola. It’s such fun!” —Aimee Lawrence, Wimberley, Texas
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 1-1/2 cups granola without raisins, crushed
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 8 Popsicle sticks
- 4 large firm bananas, halved widthwise
- Sprinkle granola onto a large piece of waxed paper; set aside. In a
- microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Stir in peanut
- butter until blended.
- Insert a Popsicle stick into each banana half. Spread with chocolate
- mixture; roll in granola. Wrap in foil and freeze for 24 hours.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 307 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 60 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 8 g protein.