- 1-1/2 cups granola without raisins, crushed
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 8 Popsicle sticks
- 4 large firm bananas, halved widthwise
- Sprinkle granola onto a large piece of waxed paper; set aside. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Stir in peanut butter until blended.
- Insert a Popsicle stick into each banana half. Spread with chocolate mixture; roll in granola. Wrap in foil and freeze for 24 hours. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Frozen Banana Treats
Sort By :
"Absolutely wonderful and very easy. My granddaughter loved them! These will soon be a family favorite."
"I took a chocolate class years ago with the lady that wrote the chocolate section in "Joy of . . . ." Always melt chocolate in the microwave in a PLASTIC container made for reheating, NOT glass or ceramic, in 30-second increments. Chocolate chips hold their shape even when melted, so you must stir each time to make sure you don't burn them."
"These are great!! I have tried it with nuts, and other toppings as well. I would definitely make them again"
"Great recipe!!! Will definitely make again."
"I have a similar recipe. I cut the bananas in half and place the sticks in. I then freeze the bananas for several hours so they are rock hard. Then I melt chocolate chip either in the microwave or a double boiler. If the chocolate seems to thick you can add a small amount of shortening to thin it a little. I found that when you use water or milk to thin chocolate it seperates. Then dip the frozen bananas in the chocolate and then roll in what ever topping you want, peanuts, granola, ect. Then place them on a cookie sheet covered with wax paper. Put them back in the freezer for an hour or so. So good and cool for the summer. My kids love these!"