Frozen Banana Split Pie Recipe
This dessert is special enough to make hamburgers and fries a meal to remember! It's so tall and pretty and just like eating a frozen banana split. Make it ahead to save time. —Joy Collins, Birmingham, Alabama
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. + freezing YIELD:8 servings
- 3 tablespoons chocolate hard-shell ice cream topping
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup pineapple ice cream topping
- 1 quart strawberry ice cream, softened
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Chocolate syrup
- 8 maraschino cherries with stems
- 1. Pour chocolate topping into crust; freeze for 5 minutes or until chocolate is firm.
- 2. Meanwhile, place bananas in a small bowl; toss with lemon juice. Arrange bananas over chocolate topping. Layer with pineapple topping, ice cream, whipped topping and walnuts.
- 3. Cover and freeze until firm. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before cutting. Garnish with chocolate syrup and cherries. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece (calculated without chocolate syrup) equals 459 calories, 22 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 174 mg sodium, 64 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC