Frozen Banana Split Pie Recipe
- 3 tablespoons chocolate hard-shell ice cream topping
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup pineapple ice cream topping
- 1 quart strawberry ice cream, softened
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Chocolate syrup
- 8 maraschino cherries with stems
- 1. Pour chocolate topping into crust; freeze for 5 minutes or until chocolate is firm.
- 2. Meanwhile, place bananas in a small bowl; toss with lemon juice. Arrange bananas over chocolate topping. Layer with pineapple topping, ice cream, whipped topping and walnuts.
- 3. Cover and freeze until firm. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before cutting. Garnish with chocolate syrup and cherries. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 459 calories, 22g fat (9g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 174mg sodium, 64g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Frozen Banana Split Pie
"Found this recipe on your website and made for Memorial Day. Quick and easy, and the family loved it. I will make it again"
"Hard shell ice cream topping can be found with the sauces and cones etc at the grocery store. It comes in a bottle just like chocolate syrup and when you pour it on the icecream it hardens. If you ever had a dipped soft serve cone, it is the same as that."
"what is hard shell ice cream topping"
"This is a family favorite! We first made it for a family cook out and then made another the next day for the church pie auction. It was one of the top sellers! We now make it every year."
"this is a very easy and tastes so good, a good summer treat."