This dessert is special enough to make hamburgers and fries a meal to remember! It's so tall and pretty and just like eating a frozen banana split. Make it ahead to save time. —Joy Collins, Birmingham, Alabama
- 3 tablespoons chocolate hard-shell ice cream topping
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup pineapple ice cream topping
- 1 quart strawberry ice cream, softened
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Chocolate syrup
- 8 maraschino cherries with stems
- Pour chocolate topping into crust; freeze for 5 minutes or until chocolate is firm.
- Meanwhile, place bananas in a small bowl; toss with lemon juice. Arrange bananas over chocolate topping. Layer with pineapple topping, ice cream, whipped topping and walnuts.
- Cover and freeze until firm. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before cutting. Garnish with chocolate syrup and cherries. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Frozen Banana Split Pie in Simple & Delicious July/August 2008, p35
Reviews for Frozen Banana Split Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review