- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 4 medium firm bananas, halved
- 8 Popsicle sticks
- 1/3 cup finely chopped nuts
- In a small heavy saucepan, melt chocolate chips and honey over low heat, stirring constantly. Add peanut butter; stir until smooth. Remove from the heat and stir in milk.
- Peel bananas and insert Popsicle sticks into one end. Spoon chocolate mixture over bananas to coat. Sprinkle with nuts. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Freeze for at least 30 minutes. Serve frozen. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Frozen Banana Pops
Sort By :
"I, like the other reviewer, expected the chocolate to freeze somewhat on the banana, but after being in the freezer for several hours, it was still sticky feeling. Plus the topping oozed off of the bananas before it hardened, so the bananas aren't really coated. The only reason I gave it two stars is because the chocolate itself is pretty yummy with the honey and peanut butter mixed in. Maybe as an ice cream topping as the other reviewer said."
"I usually dont leave bad comments but this was REALLY disapointing. The ingredients will not freeze! If you are looking at this recipe and considering....let me suggest that you use good ole chocolate with a little fat to thin for dipping. This recipe is a waste of ingredients and would be better suited for an ice cream topping as it will not freeze!"