This is a nice dessert after a casual meal. The kids love rolling the bananas in various toppings, and I like keeping the frosty treats in the freezer for healthy snacks.—Joy Cochran, Roy, Washington
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 4 medium firm bananas, halved
- 8 Popsicle sticks
- 1/3 cup finely chopped nuts
- In a small heavy saucepan, melt chocolate chips and honey over low heat, stirring constantly. Add peanut butter; stir until smooth. Remove from the heat and stir in milk.
- Peel bananas and insert Popsicle sticks into one end. Spoon chocolate mixture over bananas to coat. Sprinkle with nuts. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Freeze for at least 30 minutes. Serve frozen. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Frozen Banana Pops in Light & Tasty June/July 2004, p13
Reviews for Frozen Banana Pops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review