- 3/4 cup ground almonds
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 12 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- PEACH SAUCE:
- 3 cups sliced peeled peaches
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, combine almonds and butter. Press onto the bottom of 12 paper- or foil-lined muffin cups. Cover and freeze for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Cook over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved; set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Gradually beat in milk and extract. Stir in gelatin mixture. Spoon into muffin cups; freeze until firm.
- Remove desserts from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Place the sauce ingredients in a blender; cover and process until pureed. Spoon onto dessert plates. Peel liners off desserts; invert onto peach sauce. Yield: 12 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Frozen Almond-Cream Desserts
Sort By :
"Substituted Raspberry Smucker Simply Fruit thinned with pure maple syrup for peach sauce. Let it defrost until its a little soft. It's delicious."
"I liked them, except for the almonds. I will use a graham wafer or chocolate cookie base next time. I served them with the base down in a sherbet dish and drizzled chocolate on top. Refreshing!"
"I ended up with chunks of gelatin in my almond cream. I would have tried the recipe again to see if I could get the lumps out, but the almond and peach combo just didn't work for me (taste-wise)."
"Hi Norma, I too live alone. If made in a muffin tin then the servings may be consummed one at a time. Also, when it comes to the math, try halfing all of the ingredients and making a half batch. It tends to be easier that way."
"this recipe can be made even healthier by using Stevia or Splenda instead of sugar! Roast your own raw almonds, dont use salted ones too!"