Frozen Almond-Cream Desserts Recipe
- 3/4 cup ground almonds
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 12 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- PEACH SAUCE:
- 3 cups sliced peeled peaches
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a small bowl, combine almonds and butter. Press onto the bottom of 12 paper- or foil-lined muffin cups. Cover and freeze for 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Cook over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved; set aside.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Gradually beat in milk and extract. Stir in gelatin mixture. Spoon into muffin cups; freeze until firm.
- 4. Remove desserts from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Place the sauce ingredients in a blender; cover and process until pureed. Spoon onto dessert plates. Peel liners off desserts; invert onto peach sauce. Yield: 12 servings.
1 dessert with 3 tablespoons sauce equals 170 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 163 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.