Frothy Mexi-Mocha Coffee Recipe
Knowing that this cup of coffee is waiting for me on the other side of the alarm clock makes for a great start to my morning! —Maria Regakis, Somerville, Massachusetts
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 orange peel strips (1 to 3 inches)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 cups hot strong brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream, warmed
- Optional garnishes: cinnamon sticks, orange peel and whipped cream
- 1. Place the first five ingredients in a blender; cover and process until chocolate is finely chopped. Add coffee; cover and process for 1-2 minutes or until chocolate is melted. Transfer to a small saucepan; heat through.
- 2. Return mixture to blender; add cream. Cover and process until frothy. Strain, discarding solids; serve in mugs. Garnish with cinnamon sticks, orange peel and whipped cream if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup equals 392 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 37 mg sodium, 71 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC