- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 orange peel strips (1 to 3 inches)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 cups hot strong brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream, warmed
- Optional garnishes: cinnamon sticks, orange peel and whipped cream
- Place the first five ingredients in a blender; cover and process until chocolate is finely chopped. Add coffee; cover and process for 1-2 minutes or until chocolate is melted. Transfer to a small saucepan; heat through.
- Return mixture to blender; add cream. Cover and process until frothy. Strain, discarding solids; serve in mugs. Garnish with cinnamon sticks, orange peel and whipped cream if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Frothy Mexi-Mocha Coffee
Sort By :
"For the work and expense of this drink I would not recommend it. We really like trying new coffee drinks. This one was terrible, it was like drinking chocolate sugar water. We even added double the strong coffee and it didn't help. If you looking for something like a Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts drink this is not it."
"Didn't care for it...too sweet! "
"Tasted good, but too many calories for a beverage."
"Unbelievably yum!!! I will probably cut back on the sugar a little next time, but I love it!"
"I have not made this recipe yet but I have flagged it to try. Sounds yummy to me. As I do with most recipes, I QUIETLY change ingredients I know I can to suit my personal preferences and requirements without altering the outcome."