Frosty Watermelon Ice
For a different way to serve watermelon, try this make-ahead frozen dessert. It's so refreshing on a summer day...and you don't have to worry about seeds while you're enjoying it.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + freezing
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 cups seeded cubed watermelon, divided
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- In a microwave-safe bowl, sprinkle gelatin over water; let stand for
- 2 minutes. Microwave on high for 40 seconds; stir. Let stand for 2
- minutes or until gelatin is dissolved.
- Pour into a blender or food processor; add 1 cup watermelon, lime
- juice and honey. Cover and process until smooth. Add remaining
- melon, a cup at a time, and process until smooth.
- Pour into a 9-in. square dish; freeze until almost firm. Transfer to
- a chilled bowl; beat with an electric mixer until mixture is bright
- pink. Pour into serving dishes; freeze until firm. Remove from the
- freezer 15-20 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 85 calories, 1 g fat (0.55 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit.