- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 cups seeded cubed watermelon, divided
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- In a microwave-safe bowl, sprinkle gelatin over water; let stand for 2 minutes. Microwave on high for 40 seconds; stir. Let stand for 2 minutes or until gelatin is dissolved.
- Pour into a blender or food processor; add 1 cup watermelon, lime juice and honey. Cover and process until smooth. Add remaining melon, a cup at a time, and process until smooth.
- Pour into a 9-in. square dish; freeze until almost firm. Transfer to a chilled bowl; beat with an electric mixer until mixture is bright pink. Pour into serving dishes; freeze until firm. Remove from the freezer 15-20 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Frosty Watermelon Ice
Sort By :
it has been so hot this summer and i have been looking for quick easy recipes to make ices. this one is great . i like the fact that is it low calorie and not a high added sugar content.
i made this recipe and took it to work to share with my co workers and they all agreed it was a great summer treat and they all wanted the recipe
I made this today, was it ever refreshing after a very hot day of 99 deg.
followed the recipe exactly and was very delighted with the outcome, will definitely do it again, next time might try frozen lemonade in place of the lime, just for a change, thanks for the recipe.
this taste better with out the honey,watermelon is sweet on it's own.