For a different way to serve watermelon, try this make-ahead frozen dessert. It's so refreshing on a summer day...and you don't have to worry about seeds while you're enjoying it.
Recommended: 18 Extra-Refreshing Watermelon Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 cups seeded cubed watermelon, divided
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- In a microwave-safe bowl, sprinkle gelatin over water; let stand for 2 minutes. Microwave on high for 40 seconds; stir. Let stand for 2 minutes or until gelatin is dissolved.
- Pour into a blender or food processor; add 1 cup watermelon, lime juice and honey. Cover and process until smooth. Add remaining melon, a cup at a time, and process until smooth.
- Pour into a 9-in. square dish; freeze until almost firm. Transfer to a chilled bowl; beat with an electric mixer until mixture is bright pink. Pour into serving dishes; freeze until firm. Remove from the freezer 15-20 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Watermelon Ice in Light & Tasty June/July 2001, p29
Reviews forFrosty Watermelon Ice
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 25, 2013
Reviewed Jul. 20, 2011
"I made this today, was it ever refreshing after a very hot day of 99 deg.followed the recipe exactly and was very delighted with the outcome, will definitely do it again, next time might try frozen lemonade in place of the lime, just for a change, thanks for the recipe."
Reviewed May. 25, 2008
"this taste better with out the honey,watermelon is sweet on it's own."