Frosty the Doughman Recipe
For a festive bread at a winter meal, try this delicious bread. It is so easy to put together and your guests will be so impressed.—Rhodes Bake-N-Serv, Jenna Jackson, Salt Lake City, Utah
- 9 frozen Texas rolls (2 ounces each), thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 pretzel sticks
- 2 miniature milk chocolate kisses
- 1. Press together and flatten three rolls into a 5-in. x 4-in. oval, two rolls into a 4-in. x 3-in. oval and one and a half rolls into a 3-in. x 2-in. oval. Referring to Fig. 1, arrange ovals in a snowman shape on a greased baking sheet. With a sharp knife, cut a large smile on face and pull apart to allow for rising.
- 2. Shape half of a roll into a 4-in. rope; flatten slightly and place above head for hat brim. Flatten one roll into a 2-1/2-in. x 1-1/2-in. rectangle; place above brim. Make a narrow cut 1/2 in. above the brim for a hat band. Divide remaining roll into two pieces (discard one piece or bake separately). Divide remaining piece of dough into thirds. Roll two pieces into 1-1/2-in. x 1-in. ovals for mittens; place on baking sheet. Divide remaining piece in half; roll each strip into a rope and flatten slightly. Place strips under ovals. Cut into the side of each oval at a downward angle toward the center (see Fig. 2a). Tuck the tip under to form a round thumb; spread thumb and mitten apart to allow for rising (see Fib. 2b).
- 3. Cover all dough with plastic wrap that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes. Reopen mouth with a knife. Brush with egg. Bake snowman at 350° for 20 minutes and mittens for 14 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Insert pretzel sticks into mittens and position on snowman. Dip bottoms of chocolate kisses in honey and position on face for eyes. Yield: 1 snowman with 2 small mittens.
1 serving (1 each) equals 178 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 210 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Frosty the Doughman
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC