Frosty Strawberry Slims Recipe
"I've been serving tall glasses of this refreshing fruity beverage for years," pens Patricia Schroedl of Jefferson, Wisconsin. "I once won first place with this recipe in the low-calorie division of a state strawberry contest."
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen unsweetened whole strawberries
- 1 pint fat-free frozen vanilla yogurt, softened
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 9 cups (72 ounces) diet lemon-lime soda
- 1. In a large bowl, mash strawberries. Stir in yogurt. In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; add lemon juice. Stir into strawberry mixture.
- 2. Transfer to a freezer-proof container. Cover and freeze for 4 hours or until firm.
- 3. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. To serve, scoop 1/2 cup frozen mixture into a glass; fill with 1 cup soda. Yield: 9 servings.
One serving (1/2 cup) equals 63 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 77 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit.
Reviews for Frosty Strawberry Slims
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC