"I've been serving tall glasses of this refreshing fruity beverage for years," pens Patricia Schroedl of Jefferson, Wisconsin. "I once won first place with this recipe in the low-calorie division of a state strawberry contest."
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen unsweetened whole strawberries
- 1 pint fat-free frozen vanilla yogurt, softened
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 9 cups (72 ounces) diet lemon-lime soda
- In a large bowl, mash strawberries. Stir in yogurt. In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; add lemon juice. Stir into strawberry mixture.
- Transfer to a freezer-proof container. Cover and freeze for 4 hours or until firm.
- Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. To serve, scoop 1/2 cup frozen mixture into a glass; fill with 1 cup soda. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Frosty Strawberry Slims in Light & Tasty December/January 2002, p47
Reviews for Frosty Strawberry Slims
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review