Frosty Strawberry Dessert
I'M a "morning cook" and like to do most of the evening meal's preparation after breakfast.
I can make this dessert early, pop it in the freezer and enjoy its refreshing, creamy taste after supper. I make it often when strawberries are in season.
-Barb Griffith, Helena, Montana
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + freezing
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor; cover and
- process until smooth. Pour into a freezer container; freeze until
- firm. Remove from the freezer 5-10 minutes before serving. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 308 calories, 5 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 77 mg sodium, 62 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.