My layered dessert looks so elegant and pretty. It gets compliments every time I serve it. Parfaits are a traditional part of our Fourth of July buffet. —Clare Hafferman, Kalispell, Montana
- 4 cups fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed, divided
- 4 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Additional fresh raspberries, optional
- Place 2 cups raspberries in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Press through a fine mesh strainer; discard seeds and pulp.
- In a small saucepan, combine egg yolks and sugar; stir in raspberry puree until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture reaches at least 160° and coats the back of a metal spoon. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Transfer to a bowl. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Fold in whipped cream. Coarsely mash remaining raspberries. In six freezer-proof parfait glasses, layer 1 tablespoon mashed berries and 1/4 cup cream mixture. Repeat layers. Cover and freeze for 6 hours or overnight. Garnish with additional raspberries if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Frosty Raspberry Parfaits in Country Woman June/July 2007, p27
Reviews for Frosty Raspberry Parfaits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review