Frosty Pumpkinettes Recipe
I've used this recipe since the early '50s, when I picked it up at a seminar. I like to serve these for dessert or as special treats for Halloween. —Ella West Richmond, Virginia
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + freezing YIELD:4 servings
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons molasses
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 cup vanilla ice cream, softened
- 4 individual graham cracker tart shells
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the pumpkin, sugar, molasses, salt, cinnamon and ginger; mix well. Fold in ice cream until smooth.
- 2. Spoon into tart shells; sprinkle with pecans. Freeze for 1 hour or until serving. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 tarts.
1 serving (1 each) equals 213 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 238 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC