I've used this recipe since the early '50s, when I picked it up at a seminar. I like to serve these for dessert or as special treats for Halloween.
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons molasses
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 cup vanilla ice cream, softened
- 4 individual graham cracker tart shells
- 1 tablespoon Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- In a small bowl, combine the pumpkin, sugar, molasses, salt, cinnamon
- and ginger; mix well. Fold in ice cream until smooth.
- Spoon into tart shells; sprinkle with pecans. Freeze for 1 hour or
- until serving. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving.
- Yield: 4 tarts.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 213 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 238 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.