Frosty Pumpkin Pie
This frozen treat is so delightful that no one will guess it's made with reduced-fat ingredients. My gang actually prefers a slice of this layered dessert to traditional pumpkin pie at Christmastime.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 2 cups low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt, softened
- 1 reduced-fat graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipping topping, thawed
- Spread yogurt into crust. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the pumpkin, sugar, pumpkin pie spice,
- salt and ginger. Fold in whipped topping. Spoon over frozen yogurt.
- Freeze for 6 hours or overnight. Remove from the freezer 20 minutes
- before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One piece equals 282 calories, 7 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 273 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat.