Frosty Pistachio Delight Recipe
“I love the simple make-ahead convenience of this refreshing dessert drizzled with fudge topping," writes Sandie Davenport from Farmer City, Illinois. "Being able to make this pie the night before and then freeze it gives me time to work on all those last-minute holiday dinner details!”
- 2-1/2 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 carton (1-1/2 quarts) vanilla ice cream, softened
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons pistachios, chopped, divided
- 3 drops green food coloring, optional
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 jar (11-3/4 ounces) hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 7-9 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, combine the ice cream, pudding mixes, 1 cup pistachios and food coloring if desired. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over crust. Cover and freeze for at least 4 hours.
- Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Drizzle with fudge topping; sprinkle with remaining pistachios. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Frosty Pistachio Delight in Simple & Delicious November/December 2007, p38
Reviews for Frosty Pistachio Delight
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 10, 2011
I have made this many times for my husband's family. It is absolutely delicious every single time!
Reviewed Feb. 16, 2010
This is fabulous and very easy to make.