Frosty Pineapple-Coconut Pie
This fun, unique frozen pie created by our Test Kitchen has plenty of coconut and pineapple flavor. You'll love this tangy and tropical treat for dessert any night or day.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 15 min. + freezing
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 pint pineapple sherbet, softened
- Fresh pineapple wedges, optional
- Spread butter over the bottom and sides of a 9-in. pie plate. Press
- coconut onto the bottom and sides of plate. Bake at 325° for
- 12-15 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool completely on a
- wire rack.
- Spread ice cream into crust. Spread sherbet over ice cream. Freeze
- for 1 hour or until firm. Garnish with pineapple wedges if desired.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 272 calories, 17 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 148 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.