Frosty Peppermint Dessert
This creamy freeze with candy and a chocolate crust delivers make-ahead convenience. I'll often whip up two.Carolyn Satterfield, Emporia, Kansas
10-14 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 1-1/2 cups chocolate wafers, crushed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup crushed peppermint candies
- 3 drops red food coloring, optional
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 10 to 14 peppermint candies
- In a small bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, sugar and butter. Press
- onto the bottom and 2 in. up the sides of a greased 8-in. springform
- pan. Refrigerate the crust.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add milk,
- beating until smooth. Beat in crushed candies and food coloring if
- desired. Fold in whipped cream. Spoon into crust. Cover and freeze
- for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before servings. Garnish with
- whole candies. Yield: 10-14 servings.