- 1-1/2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup crushed peppermint candies (about 36 round peppermints)
- 3 drops red food coloring, optional
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Additional crushed peppermints, optional
- Mix wafer crumbs, sugar and melted butter; press onto bottom and 2 in. up sides of a greased 8-in. springform pan. Freeze while preparing filling.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth; gradually beat in milk until smooth. Beat in crushed candies and, if desired, food coloring. In another bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form; fold into cream cheese mixture. Spoon into crust, spreading evenly. Freeze, covered, 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving. If desired, top with additional peppermints. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Frosty Peppermint Dessert
"This dessert is for those with a big sweet tooth! I substituted candy canes for the peppermint candies and lite cool whip for the whipping cream. Not sure if I will make this again but if I do, I will cut back to 1/2 cup of crushed peppermint. It's super simple to make and keep in the freezer for unexpected company!"
"I make one small change: Cut the peppermints used for garnish in half. This recipe is becoming a holiday tradition."
"I have made it before and it is super easy, fancy looking and very yummy. My daughter has, again, requested this dessert for her birthday. Make this and everyone will be impressed and think you spent a long time in the kitchen!"