- 1-1/2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup crushed peppermint candies (about 36 round peppermints)
- 3 drops red food coloring, optional
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Additional crushed peppermints, optional
- Mix wafer crumbs, sugar and melted butter; press onto bottom and 2 in. up sides of a greased 8-in. springform pan. Freeze while preparing filling.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth; gradually beat in milk until smooth. Beat in crushed candies and, if desired, food coloring. In another bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form; fold into cream cheese mixture. Spoon into crust, spreading evenly. Freeze, covered, 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving. If desired, top with additional peppermints. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Frosty Peppermint Dessert
"This dessert is for those with a big sweet tooth! I substituted candy canes for the peppermint candies and lite cool whip for the whipping cream. Not sure if I will make this again but if I do, I will cut back to 1/2 cup of crushed peppermint. It's super simple to make and keep in the freezer for unexpected company!"
"I make one small change: Cut the peppermints used for garnish in half. This recipe is becoming a holiday tradition."