This creamy freeze with candy and a chocolate crust delivers make-ahead convenience. I'll often whip up two.—Carolyn Satterfield, Emporia, Kansas
- 1-1/2 cups chocolate wafers, crushed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup crushed peppermint candies
- 3 drops red food coloring, optional
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 10 to 14 peppermint candies
- In a small bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom and 2 in. up the sides of a greased 8-in. springform pan. Refrigerate the crust.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add milk, beating until smooth. Beat in crushed candies and food coloring if desired. Fold in whipped cream. Spoon into crust. Cover and freeze for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before servings. Garnish with whole candies. Yield: 10-14 servings.
Originally published as Frosty Peppermint Dessert in Quick Cooking November/December 2004, p56
Reviews for Frosty Peppermint Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review