- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (8 inches)
- 2 teaspoons chocolate syrup
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Fold in the whipped topping. Spoon into the crust. Drizzle with chocolate syrup. Cover and freeze for 4 hours or until set.
- Remove from the freezer 30 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Frosty Peanut Butter Pie
Sort By :
"We are on a fat restricted diet. Always looking for ways to make high calorie/fat dessert re-dos.This makes a fabulous adaptation for those who have special dietary needs. Used non-fat cream cheese, and reduced fat peanut butter. Likewise, had a reduced fat graham cracker crust on hand. The result was creamy, rich, and delightful. Served to my daughter who said, "That was great" Calculated this to be ridiculously healthy with about 5 or so grams of fat per piece. For asthetics and taste added crushed peanuts. Definitely going into my permanent dessert file...a winner!"
"I also make this without the crust as a quick mousse type dessert. To reduce fat calories, instead of cream cheese I sometimes use Plain Non-Fat Greek Yogurt (HT brand)--one that is made with no additives and is thick. About 1/16 tsp salt is needed to maintain flavor with the yogurt version. To maintain richness though, I found that using the "extra creamy" version of Whipped topping really helps the texture and body in yogurt version without adding that much fat overall. I refrigerate for several hours and don't freeze. Chocolate syrup is optional. Sometimes I use H's "Special Dark Cocoa" powder and dust the top, or shaved chocolate bar from 72% or higher 3 oz chocolate bar.."
"Really good and really easy!"
"Love this recipe! So easy to make and it looks and tastes great. I sometimes chill it overnight in the refrigerator rather than freezing it and serve it chilled, for a somewhat softer texture. I also sometimes sprinkle chopped peanuts over the top before chilling or freezing, for some added crunch."
"family loved it!!"