Frosty Mallow Fruit Dessert Recipe
Says Patricia Swart of Bridgeton, New Jersey: “This recipe came from my husband’s relatives in Holland and has been a favorite for many years. It’s fancy, frosty, as pretty as a picture…and goes together in just 10 minutes!”
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. + freezing YIELD:8 servings
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) apricot halves, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 can (15 ounces) pitted dark sweet cherries, drained
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream and sugar until smooth. Fold in the apricots, pineapple and marshmallows. Gently fold in cherries. Spoon into a 5-cup ring mold coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Cover and freeze for 4 hours or until firm. Just before serving, invert onto a platter. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice equals 305 calories, 15 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 101 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC