- 1 quart fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Place strawberries in a food processor; cover and process until pureed. Transfer to a large bowl; add the ice cream, lemonade concentrate and lemon peel. Beat until blended.
- Pour into an ungreased 13x9-in. dish. Cover and freeze overnight. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Frosty Lemon-Strawberry Dessert
"To keep it on the more heathy side we added frozen yogurt instead of ice cream and reduced the lemonade."
"I used frozen yogurt instead of the icecream. It was good, but I have better icecream desserts and summer treats recipes. I probably would not make it again."
"I made this for a large group of people at a party! They all LOVED IT !!!~ Susan"
"I THINK I'LL MAKE IT NEXT TIME REPLACING ICE CREAM WITH LOW-SUGAR WHIPPED TOPPING AND 1/2 CAN OF LEMONADE TO MAKE IT MORE DIABETIC FRIENDLY"
"Little disappointed, not my idea of light!"