Frosty Lemon-Strawberry Dessert Recipe
"This fun frosty treat came from a very dear friend who was a great cook. I think of her whenever I make it. It’s so simple, cool and refreshing on a hot summer day. You can also add fresh blueberries for a beautiful red-white-and-blue patriotic showstopper!" —Gail Marshall, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + freezing YIELD:15 servings
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1. Place strawberries in a food processor; cover and process until pureed. Transfer to a large bowl; add the ice cream, lemonade concentrate and lemon peel. Beat until blended.
- 2. Pour into an ungreased 13x9-in. dish. Cover and freeze overnight. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece equals 194 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 58 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC