"This fun frosty treat came from a very dear friend who was a great cook. I think of her whenever I make it. It’s so simple, cool and refreshing on a hot summer day. You can also add fresh blueberries for a beautiful red-white-and-blue patriotic showstopper!" —Gail Marshall, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Place strawberries in a food processor; cover and process until pureed. Transfer to a large bowl; add the ice cream, lemonade concentrate and lemon peel. Beat until blended.
- Pour into an ungreased 13x9-in. dish. Cover and freeze overnight. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Frosty Lemon-Strawberry Dessert in Simple & Delicious May/June 2007, p35
Reviews for Frosty Lemon-Strawberry Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review