Frosty Lemon Pie Recipe
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- Dash salt
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 pints vanilla ice cream, softened, divided
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- Whipped topping, fresh mint and lemon peel, optional
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, lemon juice, butter and salt; cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved and the butter is melted. Whisk a small amount of sugar mixture into eggs; return all to the pan. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture reaches 160° or is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon. Refrigerate until completely cooled.
- 2. Spread half of ice cream into the crust; freeze for 1 hour or until firm. Cover with half of the lemon mixture; freeze for 1 hour or until firm. Repeat layers. Cover and freeze for several hours or overnight.
- 3. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with whipped topping, mint and lemon peel if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice: 391 calories, 20g fat (10g saturated fat), 124mg cholesterol, 274mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Frosty Lemon Pie
"PS, I mean I double the whole lemon mix--not just the lemon ingredient!"
"I can't believe no one has rate this yet! It is the BEST EVER dessert, lemon pie, etc. I make this frequently for guests as it is so impressive. I have never NOT been asked for the recipe! I hate to give it out though as it is such a star! Seriously though, this is incredible and worth the time. I usually double the lemon or the lemon layers are very thin. The lemon is far richer than normal lemon pie, so it isn't as good if you substitute as store bought mix. Also, don't quadruple this and use it to make traditional lemon pie! Way too sweet then!!!"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.