Frosty Lemon Pie Recipe
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- Dash salt
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 pints vanilla ice cream, softened, divided
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- Whipped topping, fresh mint and lemon peel, optional
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, lemon juice, butter and salt; cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved and the butter is melted. Whisk a small amount of sugar mixture into eggs; return all to the pan. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture reaches 160° or is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon. Refrigerate until completely cooled.
- 2. Spread half of ice cream into the crust; freeze for 1 hour or until firm. Cover with half of the lemon mixture; freeze for 1 hour or until firm. Repeat layers. Cover and freeze for several hours or overnight.
- 3. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with whipped topping, mint and lemon peel if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 391 calories, 20 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 124 mg cholesterol, 274 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Frosty Lemon Pie
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.