Frosty Key Lime Pie Recipe
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 6 tablespoons key lime juice
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped, divided
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 1. In a large bowl, combine milk and lime juice. Refrigerate 1/4 cup whipped cream for garnish. Fold a fourth of the remaining whipped cream into lime mixture; fold in remaining whipped cream. Spoon into crust. Cover and freeze overnight.
- 2. Remove from the freezer 10-15 minutes before serving. Garnish with reserved whipped cream. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 370 calories, 21 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 196 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Frosty Key Lime Pie
"This is a hit with my guests! It is flavorful, easy to make."
"Great recipe! I've made similar recipe for years. You can substitute 1-8oz cool whip for whipping cream and add additional cool whip for garnish"
"Loved the citrus taste. Easy to assemble, but make sure it has ample time to freeze and set up - can't rush this recipe."
"I felt like it was a liitle too weak in lime taste so I added about 1 teaspoon of lime zest and that did the trick. All in all, a real refreshing treat that doesn't leave you feeling guilty"
"Lemon juice also works well for a refreshing change of pace! Very delicious!"
"I made this pie a few days ago and my husband and I both LOVED it! Tangy with a hint of sweetness, it was perfectly balanced and absolutely delicious! I used regular lime juice in place of the key lime juice and it worked just fine. I was amazed at how high the pie was after I piled it into the crust!The next time I make it, I'm going to try spreading Cool Whip over the top-my husband's suggestion-and split the pie into two instead of one singular.All in all, a wonderful and refreshing pie for Spring! This recipe is definitely one I'm going to keep!"
"sounds gr8, I want to make it. k"
"This is a very refreshing and excellent recipe! So easy you can't beat it! I Love it!"