Frosty Ginger Pumpkin Squares
My family loves getting together to sample good food. While pumpkin makes it perfect for the holidays, this ice cream dessert is requested year-round.
12 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + freezing
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup crushed graham cracker (about 16 squares)
- 1 cup crushed gingersnaps (about 18 cookies)
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, graham crackers and gingersnaps.
- Press half of the crumb mixture into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in.
- In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger
- and nutmeg. Stir in walnuts. Fold in softened ice cream. Spoon into
- crust. Sprinkle remaining crumb mixture over top. Freeze until firm,
- about 3 hours. Yield: 12-15 servings.