- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup crushed graham cracker (about 16 squares)
- 1 cup crushed gingersnaps (about 18 cookies)
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, graham crackers and gingersnaps. Press half of the crumb mixture into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger and nutmeg. Stir in walnuts. Fold in softened ice cream. Spoon into crust. Sprinkle remaining crumb mixture over top. Freeze until firm, about 3 hours. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Frosty Ginger Pumpkin Squares in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p81
Reviews for Frosty Ginger Pumpkin Squares
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 1, 2011
Good, but very sweet. Will probably reduce the sugar next time I make it.
Reviewed Nov. 7, 2010
This is extremely easy to make and it tastes absolutely delicious! The kids loved it!
Reviewed Aug. 14, 2009
Great recipe-tasty and refreshing-and easy!!!
More Recipe Collections
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Halloween Desserts >
- Halloween Party Recipes >
- Halloween Recipes >
- Ice Cream Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Potluck Desserts >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Pumpkin Desserts >