Frosty Fruit Pie
Our Test Kitchen used a prepared graham cracker crust to keep this pie simple. Layers of banana, frozen strawberry yogurt and whipped topping make it oh-so-delicious. Store one in the freezer for a spur-of-the-moment dessert when guests drop in.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 1 medium firm banana, sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 reduced-fat graham cracker crust (8 inches)
- 3 cups low-fat strawberry frozen yogurt, softened
- 1 can (8-1/4 ounces) reduced-sugar fruit cocktail, drained
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup coarsely Diamond of California Chopped Pecans, toasted
- In a small bowl, combine banana slices and lemon juice; let stand for
- 5 minutes. Drain well. Arrange banana slices over bottom of crust.
- Spread with frozen yogurt. Top with fruit cocktail and whipped
- topping. Freeze until firm. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes
- before serving. Garnish with raspberries and pecans. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 260 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 141 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.