Our Test Kitchen used a prepared graham cracker crust to keep this pie simple. Layers of banana, frozen strawberry yogurt and whipped topping make it oh-so-delicious. Store one in the freezer for a spur-of-the-moment dessert when guests drop in.
Featured In: Lemonade Desserts
- 1 medium firm banana, sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 reduced-fat graham cracker crust (8 inches)
- 3 cups low-fat strawberry frozen yogurt, softened
- 1 can (8-1/4 ounces) reduced-sugar fruit cocktail, drained
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- In a small bowl, combine banana slices and lemon juice; let stand for 5 minutes. Drain well. Arrange banana slices over bottom of crust. Spread with frozen yogurt. Top with fruit cocktail and whipped topping. Freeze until firm. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with raspberries and pecans. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Frosty Fruit Pie in Light & Tasty June/July 2005, p42
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Frosty Fruit Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review