"It's nice to have this light, not-too-sweet pie in the freezer when unexpected guests stop over for coffee," suggests Mildred Skrha of Oak Brook, Illinois. "It's so easy to put together, and everyone always asks for the recipe."
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 pastry shells (9 inches), baked
- Additional whipped topping, optional
- Slivered almonds, toasted, optional
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until light. Stir in cranberry sauce. Fold in whipped topping. Spoon into crusts.
- Cover and freeze for up to 3 months. Remove from the freezer 10-15 minutes before serving, Garnish with whipped topping and almonds if desired. Yield: 2 pies (6-8 servings each).
Originally published as Frosty Cranberry Pie in Quick Cooking November/December 1999, p38